A CULTURAL PROJECT
A WORK TOOL
Zintek presents the brand new technical-scientific study of the use of titanium zinc in architecture.
A complete guide to the design, production and installation of roofs and façades in titanium zinc.
Over 460 pages with innovative solutions, technical drawings and in-depth study of the value of metal in building shells.
A TECHNICAL-SCIENTIFIC STUDY
Knowledge as the result of experience
A unique volume for the sector that describes in detail all the stages of a project, from the engineering drawing to the development of details through to the photos of all the details installed.
Technical know-how of the design, working and application of titanium zinc turns into a range of solutions depending on the geographic area, local culture and technical and construction innovations of materials and tools.
The processing of the information is the result of years of direct experience at the work site, high level collaboration with architects and installers, technical research and laboratory tests. Elements underpinning a perfect design and an impeccable construction.
A WORK TOOL FOR DESIGNERS AND ROOFERS
A cross-disciplinary volume for architects, engineers, roofers and installers, academic and institutional world
Theoretical and practical content to understand the potential of zintek® titanium zinc better as a cladding for roofs and façades in restoration projects and in modern architecture, and as a vehicle for fundamental values like the culture of workmanship, aesthetics and durability.
THE EVOLUTION OF METAL CLADDING IN ARCHITECTURE
Descendent of an ancient tradition, a new way of building the future
The envelope of a building has taken on an increasingly important role in architectonic design.
The study provides comprehensive information about the metal cladding which in the last few decades has reached extraordinary levels of innovation, embracing sustainability and the value of the material.
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THE STUDY
The detailed table of contents is shown below, chapter by chapter:
- A technical-scientific study
- The value of metal cladding
- The building envelope
- Titanium zinc in architecture
- Strengths of a titanium zinc cladding
- Expressive and compositional aspects
- Technical characteristics of zinc-titanium
- Fields of application
- Sectors of use
- Industry becomes craftsmanship: the Zintek cultural project
1 The zintek®
- The raw material
- Technical data sheet of the product
- The supply chain
- Surface appearance
- Corrosion resistance
- Ecology and sustainability
- Folding and profiling
- ZC type rolled products for sheet metal accessories
- Product certifications
- The stratification of the envelope
2 Roof envelope
- Roof stratigraphy
- Sub-structure of zintek® roofs
- Wind loads for zintek® roof claddings
- Thermal actions for zintek® roof claddings
3 Roof claddings and connections
- Roof cladding systems
- Roof details and connections
4 Roof sheet metal work
- Rainwater collection and drainage systems
- Gables and copings
5 Roof support accessories
- Snow retaining systems
- Fall arrest systems – life lines
- Solar panel support system
6 Façade envelope
- Ventilated façade stratigraphy
- Wall thermal actions and wind loads
- Ventilated façade cladding system
7 Sheet metal work methods